JUNE 29 – July 3
JULY 6 – 10
JULY 13 – 17
JULY 20 – 24
JULY 27 – 31
AUGUST 3 – 7
Session 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (per Week) $550
Art materials fee per week is included. Monday through Friday from 9 am until 3 pm.
*Sessions 2, 3 and 4: Priority enrollment is given to teens, ages 12-18 until April 15.
Critical thinking will be emphasized and new artistic opportunities will be offered such as;
public art forms or group installation projects. Siblings of teens may also have priority
enrollment. Teens Weeks introduces the older student to art projects that are
“outside of the box”. Teens from other sessions can also get involved if they request it.
A deposit of $100 is required when submitting the AWE application form for each child.
It is non-refundable. Balance is due no later than May 29, 2020. If a student leaves during a session, there is no refund for the remaining
day(s). AWE’s 2020 summer application is now online. AWE uses PayPal which accepts debit and credit card payments. There is a fee.
AWE accepts Zelle through your bank. There is no fee. AWE also accepts checks, cash or money orders.
Mail payment to: Art Workshop Experience, 54 Pearl Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
• A student can attend one session or up to three sessions. More than one session allows the student to plan and execute more complex projects.
• 10 to 18 years of age. AWE is for the focused artist who wants to make art everyday for at least a week! AWE nurtures and provides the building blocks for the next steps of each individual artist. The AWE studio is for independent work as well as collaboration.
• Classes begin at 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
• Lunch is at the Borough Bridge Park (sandwiched between the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan Bridge) or under the Manhattan Bridge Archway. Students should bring their own lunch and snack or have money
to buy lunch from local merchants. A small refrigerator is in the studio.
• High School students will be allowed to eat lunch on their own without AWE supervision. Students who aren’t in high school must get
permission from a parent or guardian if they want to eat lunch unchaperoned by AWE staff. This can be done through email, text or phone call.
• AWE is a supportive inclusive environment. Please call or email with any questions or concerns.
• AWE may use photographs of students and/or artwork for its website.
AfterAWE is from 3 pm up to 6 pm Monday through Friday. Students can continue to work on existing projects or start new ones. AfterAWE is especially helpful to those who can’t pick up their children by 3 pm. Billing is done by the quarter hour. It is $20 per hour.