JUNE 29 – July 3
JULY 6 – 10
JULY 13 – 17
JULY 20 – 24
JULY 27 – 31
AUGUST 3 – 7
SESSION 7 (New)
August 10 – 14
SESSION 8 (New)
August 17 – 21
SESSION 9 (New)
August 24 – 28
Session 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
(per Week) $550
Art materials fee per week is included. Monday through Friday from 9 am until 3 pm.
When AWE SUMMER begins, students and tables
will be placed 6 feet from each other. Tools and materials will be for each student so that there is
no shared use. Appropriate disinfectants will be available and masks will be worn. Gloves and face guards are optional. We will have to check for fever before one enters. Three more weeks have been added in August. Please know that AWE SUMMER enrollment will be small to safely allow students to make art in a studio environment. Only a limited amount of students can enroll. WE WILL FOLLOW ALL THE GUIDELINES. AWE uses PayPal which accepts debit and credit card payments. There is a fee. AWE accepts Zelle through your bank. There is no fee. AWE also accepts checks, cash or money orders. Mail payment to:
Art Workshop Experience, 54 Pearl Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
• A student can attend one session or up to three sessions. More than one session allows the student to plan and execute more complex projects.
• 10 to 18 years of age. AWE is for the focused artist who wants to make art everyday for at least a week! AWE nurtures and provides the building blocks for the next steps of each individual artist. The AWE studio is for independent work as well as collaboration.
• Classes begin at 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
• Lunch will eaten at each student’s table. If a parent/guardian emails or phones in approval, students can eat lunch outside along with AWE staff to insure proper social distancing. Options for eating lunch outside will be at the Borough Bridge Park (sandwiched between the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan Bridge) or under the Manhattan Bridge Archway. Students should bring their own lunch and snack or have money to buy lunch if AWE orders in pizza from local merchants. A small refrigerator is in the studio.
• AWE is a supportive inclusive environment. Please call or email with any questions or concerns.
• AWE may use photographs of students and/or artwork for its website.
AfterAWE is from 3 pm up to 6 pm Monday through Friday. Students can continue to work on existing projects or start new ones. AfterAWE is especially helpful to those who can’t pick up their children by 3 pm. Billing is done by the quarter hour. It is $25 per hour.