JUNE 29 – July 3
JULY 6 – 10
JULY 13 – 17
JULY 20 – 24
JULY 27 – 31
AUGUST 3 – 7
SESSION 7 (New)
August 10 – 14
SESSION 8 (New)
August 17 – 21
SESSION 9 (New)
August 24 – 28
Session 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
(per Week) $550
Art materials fee per week is included. Monday through Friday from 9 am until 3 pm.
When AWE SUMMER begins, students and tables
will be placed 6 feet from each other. Tools and materials will be for each student so that there is
no shared use. Appropriate disinfectants will be available and masks and gloves will be worn. We
will have to check for fever before one enters. Hopefully, we can relax some of those requirements when given the green light. Three more weeks have been added in August. Please know that AWE SUMMER enrollment will be small to safely allow students to make art in a studio environment.
Only a limited amount of students can enroll.
If you want to enroll, please email us and we’ll pencil your child in. If you have already enrolled, your spot is safe and can be switched
to a later session if there’s space in that session. Tuition will be required before classes begin. But, please wait to pay the full tuition. The deposit fee ($100) can be sent now to fully reserve a spot. Once you receive a confirmation for the session(s) through email, we will request the remaining tuition later when NYC relaxes small groups and businesses to gather when following all the proper guidelines.
WE WILL FOLLOW ALL THE GUIDELINES.
AWE’s 2020 summer application will be updated with the added weeks soon.
AWE uses PayPal which accepts debit and credit card payments. There is a fee.
AWE accepts Zelle through your bank. There is no fee. AWE also accepts checks, cash or money orders.
Mail payment to: Art Workshop Experience, 54 Pearl Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
• A student can attend one session or up to three sessions. More than one session allows the student to plan and execute more complex projects.
• 10 to 18 years of age. AWE is for the focused artist who wants to make art everyday for at least a week! AWE nurtures and provides the building blocks for the next steps of each individual artist. The AWE studio is for independent work as well as collaboration.
• Classes begin at 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
• Lunch is at the Borough Bridge Park (sandwiched between the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan Bridge) or under the Manhattan Bridge Archway. Students should bring their own lunch and snack or have money
to buy lunch from local merchants. A small refrigerator is in the studio.
• High School students will be allowed to eat lunch on their own without AWE supervision. Students who aren’t in high school must get
permission from a parent or guardian if they want to eat lunch unchaperoned by AWE staff. This can be done through email, text or phone call.
• AWE is a supportive inclusive environment. Please call or email with any questions or concerns.
• AWE may use photographs of students and/or artwork for its website.
AfterAWE is from 3 pm up to 6 pm Monday through Friday. Students can continue to work on existing projects or start new ones. AfterAWE is especially helpful to those who can’t pick up their children by 3 pm. Billing is done by the quarter hour. It is $20 per hour.